Has it always been your lifelong dream to see your home-made video broadcasted on air? If you answered yes, then here's your chance to do so! ASTRO just launched their MySTORY campaign, and you get to be a part of it. Just tell them your 1Malaysia story on video, and watch yourself on the television screen.
To celebrate 1Malaysia, ASTRO in collaboration with AMP Radio Networks has initiated the MySTORY campaign, where Malaysian residents of all ages and backgrounds submit a five-minute video, describing what 1Malaysia means to them. ASTRO'S Chief Operating Officer Henry Tan says, "ASTRO is proud to support the nation's endeavours towards realising the values of 1Malaysia. Everyone has his or her 1Malaysia story to tell, and we tell it in so many different ways."
Indeed, all of us come from different backgrounds and have our own unique experiences of growing up and living in Malaysia. Why not share your story with ASTRO?
All you have to do is record your story in the form of a video no longer than five minutes, and you could see it being aired on ASTRO for all to see! In conjunction with this campaign, ASTRO will be launching a new channel, MySTORY, on Channel 318 from 30 August - 16 September 2010, just to air your stories!
Want to spread the love? Here's what you need to know!
- Record a video of yourself expressing your 1Malaysia story in any form (narrative, poem, song, acting performance) and in any language and/or dialect that is common to Malaysia.
- The length of the video should not exceed five minutes.
- The video format must be in either .MOV or AVI format.
- Any Malaysian or non-Malaysian, residing in Malaysia, of any age, may participate in this campaign.
- Your submissions will NOT be returned to you, so film and edit wisely!
- Complete the submission form, available on www.astro.com.my/mystory, then send it along with your recording (via post or hand-delivered), to NEGARAKU 2010 CAMPAIGN, ASTRO, Marketing Department, All Asia Broadcast Centre, Technology Park Malaysia, Lebuhraya Puchong-Sungai Besi, Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur.
- The closing date for entries is 8 August 2010.
- A judging panel that will determine the video selection, and those that do not comply with the 1Malaysia requirement will not be aired on MySTORY, ASTRO Channel 318.
Time to get those creative juices flowing!
Visit www.astro.com.my/mystory to download the submission form, and to read the terms and conditions related to submissions for this campaign. If you don't own a camera, fret not, as there will be on-ground activites with the production crew, so just stay tuned for announcements on SINAR, Era, MYFM, hitz.fm, MIX fm, LifeM, THR Raaga, THR Gegar, and XFM.